July 30 – August 4, 2018
Young singers interested in having fun while developing their skills in musicianship will come together for an exciting week as they attend inspiring, interactive sessions at the University of Cincinnati, College-Conservatory of Music.
Sessions will include Vocal Artistry, sight-singing, Musicianship through Movement, Music Theory, and Choral Artistry.
Eligibility and Participation Details
- All students must be teacher recommended or have previously participated in a CCC program.
- All students must be between the ages of 7 (entering third grade) and 14 (exiting eigth grade).
- Tuition has been REDUCED to $190 for the week, and includes one festival t-shirt. Refund policy: up to July 1 = 100%, July 2–10 = 50%, after July 10 =0%
- Scholarships are available based on economic need and audition – CLICK HERE to fill out tuition assistance request form.
- Festival will be held on the campus of the University of Cincinnati, College-Conservatory of Music. Sessions will run from 9 am – 4 pm Monday through Friday. Saturday 12 pm-4 pm.
- Registration deadline is July 1, 2018.
- Registration is limited and awarded on a first come-first served basis to eligible singers.
Festival 2018 commissioned composer is Cynthia Gray. Participants will premiere the commission and will have the opportunity to meet and work with the composer!
The Festival Staff
- Robyn Reeves Lana, Founder and Managing Artistic Director of the Cincinnati Children’s Choir, national clinician, certified Level III Orff-Schulwerk.
- Sandra Thornton, Assistant Artistic Director of the Cincinnati Children’s Choir.
- Ligaya McGee, Music Specialist & Orff-Schulwerk Teacher-Trainer, Education Through Movement.
- Leslie Hicks, General Music and Gifted Enrichment Specialist, Orff-Schulwerk Instructor, Level III Orff Schulwerk Certified.
- Kay Tyler, General Music Specialist, Kodaly and Orff Certified, National Teaching Certificate in Early/Middle Childhood Music Education.
- Megan Battles, Collaborative pianist.