To subscribe to events via Mac iCal:
Subscribing to an event calendar via Mac iCal means that whenever CYC makes changes to a calendar, it will be automatically updated in your own iCal calendar without any input from you.
- Choose the calendar URL to subscribe to (see below for URLs). Copy this URL; you will need to paste it shortly.
- Open iCal on your Mac.
- Choose “Calendar -> Subscribe” from the top menu, or hit Command+Opt+S.
- The Subscribe Screen will prompt you to paste the URL you copied earlier.
- Click OK.
Calendar URLs for iCal (copy and paste into the subscribe box in iCal):
General Performances and Events:
To add a calendar to Microsoft Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the link below for the calendar you’d like to add:
We Are One Festival, October 23, 2022 (Click for Detail Sheet)
Little Miami Women’s Chorus & MU Choraliers, October 28, 2022 (Click for Detail Sheet)
Open Door Food Pantry, November 6, 2022 (Click for Detail Sheet)
Youth Voices United, November 12, 2022 (Click for Detail Sheet)
Feast of Carols, December 3 & 4, 2022 (Click for Detail Sheet)
Home for the Holidays, December 10, 2022 (Click for Detail Sheet)
Bengals Game Halftime Show, December 11, 2022 (Click for Detail Sheet)
ACDA Your Hand and Mine Welcome Concert, February 19-21, 2023
Centered in Our Song Celebration 30 Years, March 12, 2023
Luna Lab, March 19, 2023
CPS Honor Choir, April 15 & 22, 2023
Future is Ours Concert, April 30, 2023
Mahler, May 26-28, 2023
Queen City Festival, June 22-25, 2023
Sing-a-bration, July 24-29, 2023
It is as important to the team effort to appear professional and artistic as it is to sound professional and artistic. Upon arrival at a concert venue, all singers should be clean and well groomed with no obvious make-up, hair accessories, or hair colors. Hair clips that match the color of the hair are permitted and only natural hair colors are permitted for performances. Jewelry, earrings (except earring studs) and other accessories will not be permitted. If a tie or scarf is not on, the singer may borrow one from the choir. If all ties and scarves are already on loan, the child will not be allowed to perform in the concert. If a tie or scarf is not returned, the family will be billed $10.00. Perfume is not allowed because it can potentially cause allergic reactions in other singers. If a singer does not dress properly, he/she may be excluded from the performance.
At the beginning of the season, each choir member will receive a free black t-shirt with CYC logo. We are retiring the formal plaid uniforms forPiccolo Coro, Vivace, and Allegro Choirs, but keeping formal uniforms for Con Brio, Voci and Bel Canto. If the singer does not already have a CYC rainbow tie-dye t-shirt they will need to purchase that for informal appearances/events. Uniform t-shirts are always in stock through the CYC Office and will be available for sale at the Parent Meetings and first rehearsals or by email request to Kathleen Riemenschnieder: firstname.lastname@example.org and turning in payment to the CYC Office. Unless otherwise specified, the CYC t-shirts are to be worn with plain black pants, black socks and dress shoes for boys and black flats for girls.
*Members are responsible for ordering their own uniforms by dealing directly with the uniform company.
- Performance knit palazzo pants, black, machine washable knit, wrinkle resistant. Must be hemmed to 1″ off the floor in flats. Women’s #516FAA-E from Formal Fashions Inc – $30 or $35 depending upon size, plus shipping and handling. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
- ¾ length sleeve, “small scoop” black stretch velvet top. Women’s #9753VA from Formal Fashion Inc $30 or $35 depending upon size plus shipping and handling. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
- Red/Colored CYC scarf. Assigned by CYC. $10 replacement if lost or damaged. Girls scarves may not be washed and if they need to be ironed you must do so on the coolest setting with small spritzes of water.
- Black, ballet style leather shoe. Must be FLAT and closed-toe.
- Plain Front pants, style 5208; #22 black available at Schoolbelles retail sites or Dockers brand at Kohl’s or similar store.
- Lay down collar sateen dress shirt, black. Available at Kohl’s or Macy’s.
- Red /colored Tie. Assigned by CYC. $10 replacement if lost or damaged.
- black socks with black dress shoes
CYC tenure pins are given out annually at the last concert. Singers must wear these CYC pins whenever they are in formal uniform attire. These pins are considered part of the uniform and are to be worn on the shirt on the front left shoulder (never on the scarf or tie). See Katheleen Riemenschneider if you were absent from the concert and did not receive your pin.
C3PO, CYC’s parent organization, will conduct a used uniform sale. Used uniform items will be available on a first-come basis. Items not available must be purchased directly from the suppliers. Gently used uniform items may be donated to C3PO and dropped off at the CYC Office during regular rehearsal times or at the Preparatory Department office during regular business hours. We accept these items year-round.
To purchase tie-dye t-shirt: send $20 (cash or check) in an envelope with singer’s name and that it’s for a tie-dye t-shirt to a rehearsal, or pay by Venmo, @Cincinnati_Youth_Choir, include singer’s name, choir, that it’s for a tie-dye t-shirt in the notes.
CYC Handbook & Code of Conduct
All parents and singers are responsible for reading and abiding by all information in the Handbook and Protocol documents:
All parents must also complete the following forms:
Cincinnati Youth Choir is an award-winning, nationally, and internationally respected choral organization. It provides a unique experience to all singers and requires a high level of commitment and responsibility. Each child is independently important to the success of the program. Just as with any other team effort, the success of the choir is reliant on the consistent attendance of all of its members.
Mandatory Rehearsals and Performances
All rehearsals and performances are mandatory unless otherwise indicated on the choir calendar. An absence for any reason from a final rehearsal (“dress rehearsal”) may result in the singer being excluded from the following concert and is up to the discretion of the conductor.
Attendance Requirements and Notification Procedures
In order to be excused, the Director of Operations, Kathleen Riemenschneider must be notified. Please complete the Report an Absence or Tardiness form prior to the rehearsal. Ms. Riemenschneider will notify your child’s conductor. Notes without a stated reason will be considered unexcused.
Excused Absence From Rehearsals and Performances:
A choir member may be considered excused for:
- Death in the family or family emergency
- Conflict with a mandatory school performance/commitment
- CYC members are expected to treat school performances as a priority over a CYC performance unless otherwise negotiated between a CYC conductor and the school director. School performances are identified as performances for which a grade in school will be given (orchestra, band, choir concert); not an extracurricular activity (school plays, musicals etc.).
If an unforeseen complication has come up on the day of a performance (not a rehearsal), please contact Kathleen Riemenshneider, Director of Operations, immediately by calling 566-0338. Your child’s unexpected absence will require alterations in the ensemble, which will need to be revised as soon as possible by the conductor.
As much as CYC supports a child’s need to maintain good grades and receive a good education, we cannot regularly accept homework as an excused absence from rehearsals and never from performances. Singers should plan ahead.
All written absence notification regarding performance conflicts will be reviewed by the staff on an individual basis and determined “excused” or “unexcused” based on the degree the absence would compromise the choir and its performance and/or the conflict expressed.
If the University closes, the information will be announced on all media outlets. In addition, we will issue a notice on the website, through e-mails, on the CYC Facebook pages, and via text through Remind101.
CYC also reserves the right to cancel rehearsals when the University remains open but staff members have a concern about the safety of choir members and families en route.