To subscribe to events via Mac iCal:
Subscribing to an event calendar via Mac iCal means that whenever CYC makes changes to a calendar, it will be automatically updated in your own iCal calendar without any input from you.
- Choose the calendar URL to subscribe to (see below for URLs). Copy this URL; you will need to paste it shortly.
- Open iCal on your Mac.
- Choose “Calendar -> Subscribe” from the top menu, or hit Command+Opt+S.
- The Subscribe Screen will prompt you to paste the URL you copied earlier.
- Click OK.
Calendar URLs for iCal (copy and paste into the subscribe box in iCal):
General Performances and Events:
To add a calendar to Microsoft Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the link below for the calendar you’d like to add:
Centered in Our Song Celebration 30 Years, March 12, 2023 (Click Here for Detail Sheet)
CPS Honor Choir, April 15 & 22, 2023
Future is Ours Concert, April 30, 2023
Mahler, May 26-27, 2023
Sing-a-bration, July 24-29, 2023
It is as important to the team effort to appear professional and artistic as it is to sound professional and artistic. Upon arrival at a concert venue, all singers should be clean and well groomed with no obvious make-up, hair accessories, or hair colors. Hair clips that match the color of the hair are permitted and only natural hair colors are permitted for performances. Jewelry, earrings (except earring studs) and other accessories will not be permitted. If a tie or scarf is not on, the singer may borrow one from the choir. If all ties and scarves are already on loan, the child will not be allowed to perform in the concert. If a tie or scarf is not returned, the family will be billed $10.00. Perfume is not allowed because it can potentially cause allergic reactions in other singers. If a singer does not dress properly, he/she may be excluded from the performance.
At the beginning of the season, each choir member will receive a free black t-shirt with CYC logo. We are retiring the formal plaid uniforms forPiccolo Coro, Vivace, and Allegro Choirs, but keeping formal uniforms for Con Brio, Voci and Bel Canto. If the singer does not already have a CYC rainbow tie-dye t-shirt they will need to purchase that for informal appearances/events. Uniform t-shirts are always in stock through the CYC Office and will be available for sale at the Parent Meetings and first rehearsals or by email request to Kathleen Riemenschnieder: email@example.com and turning in payment to the CYC Office. Unless otherwise specified, the CYC t-shirts are to be worn with plain black pants, black socks and dress shoes for boys and black flats for girls.
*Members are responsible for ordering their own uniforms by dealing directly with the uniform company.
- Performance knit palazzo pants, black, machine washable knit, wrinkle resistant. Must be hemmed to 1″ off the floor in flats. Women’s #516FAA-E from Formal Fashions Inc – $30 or $35 depending upon size, plus shipping and handling. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
- ¾ length sleeve, “small scoop” black stretch velvet top. Women’s #9753VA from Formal Fashion Inc $30 or $35 depending upon size plus shipping and handling. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
- Red/Colored CYC scarf. Assigned by CYC. $10 replacement if lost or damaged. Girls scarves may not be washed and if they need to be ironed you must do so on the coolest setting with small spritzes of water.
- Black, ballet style leather shoe. Must be FLAT and closed-toe.
- Plain Front pants, style 5208; #22 black available at Schoolbelles retail sites or Dockers brand at Kohl’s or similar store.
- Lay down collar sateen dress shirt, black. Available at Kohl’s or Macy’s.
- Red /colored Tie. Assigned by CYC. $10 replacement if lost or damaged.
- black socks with black dress shoes
CYC tenure pins are given out annually at the last concert. Singers must wear these CYC pins whenever they are in formal uniform attire. These pins are considered part of the uniform and are to be worn on the shirt on the front left shoulder (never on the scarf or tie). See Katheleen Riemenschneider if you were absent from the concert and did not receive your pin.
C3PO, CYC’s parent organization, will conduct a used uniform sale. Used uniform items will be available on a first-come basis. Items not available must be purchased directly from the suppliers. Gently used uniform items may be donated to C3PO and dropped off at the CYC Office during regular rehearsal times or at the Preparatory Department office during regular business hours. We accept these items year-round.
To purchase tie-dye t-shirt: send $20 (cash or check) in an envelope with singer’s name and that it’s for a tie-dye t-shirt to a rehearsal, or pay by Venmo, @Cincinnati_Youth_Choir, include singer’s name, choir, that it’s for a tie-dye t-shirt in the notes.
Costa Rica, June 8-15, 2023
Informational Brochure (Singers)
Informational Brochure (Friends & Family)