ChoralQuest is a fun 8-week after-school program offering comprehensive music literacy and choral education to third-sixth grade students once per week during an hour-long rehearsal.
We are currently seeking 4 schools to host this program. If your school is interested
please CLICK HERE to register. Host School registration deadline is August 20th.
Locations: 4 different schools will be selected to host each term
Terms: 8-week session; with a one-hour weekly rehearsal directly after dismissal
Running October-December 2018 & March-May 2019
Participants: A minimum of 18 singers from your school from grades 3-6
Cost: $50 per singer/session
School’s responsibilities: Recruit singers and provide rehearsal space with a piano
- Dedicated and HIGHLY QUALIFIED instructors, who will partner with the school music teacher and CYC team.
- Instruction that supports music curriculum such as; theory, history, sight singing, healthy singing habits through choral repertoire, specialized warm-ups, & engaging music activities.
- Learning that builds leaders and supports the school music program.
- A safe and encouraging environment where we nurture self-esteem and creativity within each singer.
- A sense of inclusion in a growing choral community, seen when our four ChoralQuest schools combine to participate as one in a concert with the award-winning ensembles of the Cincinnati Youth Choir at UC’s College-Conservatory of Music.
Sandra Thornton is the Assistant Artistic Director of the Cincinnati Youth Choir. She also serves as the Artistic Director of ChoralQuest and Educational Director for CYC. Thornton conducts the Vivace and Allegro choirs and teaches Vocal Pedagogy during the annual CYC Children’s Choir Summer Festival.
Thornton also serves as the Director of Traditional Music at Epiphany United Methodist Church in Loveland, Ohio. Additionally, she is a professional singer with the Cincinnati Vocal Arts Ensemble, under the direction of Craig Hella Johnson. CLICK HERE to read full bio.
Locations, Teachers, & Rehearsal Schedules
To Be Announced.
Registration & emergency medical form are due back to the school’s music teacher two weeks prior to the confirmed start date.
CLICK HERE for the registration packet.
Fall Term: Saturday, December 15th, 2 pm at UC’s CCM – Corbett Auditorium
Spring Term: Sunday, May 5th, 5 pm at UC’s CCM – Corbett Auditorium
It is an honor to be a member of ChoralQuest. Each child (and their family) is expected to demonstrate commitment by; being punctual and consistently attending all rehearsals and performances. Every single child is important to the success of the program. Just as with any other team effort, the success of the choir is reliant on the attendance of all of its members. Therefore, the child and family should make participation a priority. All rehearsals and performances are mandatory for all singers.
Performances are mandatory for all singers. If a singer has a conflict with a performance date (see schedules above), notify the director as soon as possible.
If your school closes, ChoralQuest rehearsal is canceled. If schools are delayed, ChoralQuest rehearsals will run as normal.
The uniform for all concerts consists of the CYC ChoralQuest T-shirt (provided), black pants or floor-length black skirts for girls, black socks or hose, and black dress shoes.