ChoralQuest is a fun 8-week after-school program offering comprehensive music literacy and choral education to third-sixth grade students once per week during an hour-long rehearsal.
Spring ChoralQuest Locations & Rehearsals & Concert Schedules:
SPRING 2019 locations are: Bridgeport Elementary, Ridgeway Elementary, Linden Elementary, Elda Elementary & Ross Middle School. If you attend any of these schools, ask your music teacher how you can be a part of this awesome choral experience!
All locations will combine for our Spring Concert held May 5th at CCM’s Corbett Auditorium.
Singer registration & emergency medical form for spring session are due back to the school’s by February 25th.
Term: 8-week session; with a one-hour weekly rehearsal running March-May 2019
Participants: A minimum of 18 singers from your school from grades 3-6 (7-12 years of age)
Cost: $50 per singer/session
- Dedicated and HIGHLY QUALIFIED instructors, who will partner with the school music teacher and CYC team.
- Instruction that supports music curriculum such as; theory, history, sight singing, healthy singing habits through choral repertoire, specialized warm-ups, & engaging music activities.
- Learning that builds leaders and supports the school music program.
- A safe and encouraging environment where we nurture self-esteem and creativity within each singer.
- A sense of inclusion in a growing choral community, seen when our four ChoralQuest schools combine to participate as one in a concert with the award-winning ensembles of the Cincinnati Youth Choir at UC’s College-Conservatory of Music.
Fall 2019 ChoralQuest registration is now open for schools who would be interested in hosting a choir.
School registration ends August 22nd.
Sandra Thornton is the Assistant Artistic Director of the Cincinnati Youth Choir. She also serves as the Artistic Director of ChoralQuest and Educational Director for CYC. Thornton conducts the Vivace and Allegro choirs and teaches Vocal Pedagogy during the annual CYC Children’s Choir Summer Festival.
Thornton also serves as the Director of Traditional Music at Epiphany United Methodist Church in Loveland, Ohio. Additionally, she is a professional singer with the Cincinnati Vocal Arts Ensemble, under the direction of Craig Hella Johnson. CLICK HERE to read full bio.
Spring Term: Sunday, May 5th, 5 pm at UC’s CCM – Corbett Auditorium
Call the UC Box Office for tickets- 513-556-4183
It is an honor to be a member of ChoralQuest. Each child (and their family) is expected to demonstrate commitment by; being punctual and consistently attending all rehearsals and performances. Every single child is important to the success of the program. Just as with any other team effort, the success of the choir is reliant on the attendance of all of its members. Therefore, the child and family should make participation a priority. All rehearsals and performances are mandatory for all singers.
Performances are mandatory for all singers. If a singer has a conflict with a performance date (see schedules above), notify the director as soon as possible.
If your school closes, ChoralQuest rehearsal is canceled. If schools are delayed, ChoralQuest rehearsals will run as normal.
The uniform for all concerts consists of the CYC ChoralQuest T-shirt (provided), black pants or floor-length black skirts for girls, black socks or hose, and black dress shoes.