ChoralQuest is a fun 8-week after-school program offering comprehensive music literacy and choral education to third-sixth grade students once per week during an hour-long rehearsal.
Fall ChoralQuest Locations & Rehearsal Schedules:
Parker Woods Montessori – Rehearsals: Fridays, 2:40-3:35pm in the music room #1305 – starting October 19th – CLICK HERE for Parker Woods registration forms
Union Elementary – Rehearsals: Tuesdays, 3:15pm – 4:1 5pm in the Music room # 134 – starting October 16th – CLICK HERE for Union registration forms
Whitaker Elementary School – Rehearsals: Mondays, 3:45pm – 4:45pm – starting October 15th – CLICK HERE for Whitaker registration forms
Registration & emergency medical form are due back to the school’s by October 1st for fall session.
Terms: 8-week session; with a one-hour weekly rehearsal running October-December 2018
Participants: A minimum of 18 singers from your school from grades 3-6 (7-12 years of age)
Cost: $50 per singer/session
- Dedicated and HIGHLY QUALIFIED instructors, who will partner with the school music teacher and CYC team.
- Instruction that supports music curriculum such as; theory, history, sight singing, healthy singing habits through choral repertoire, specialized warm-ups, & engaging music activities.
- Learning that builds leaders and supports the school music program.
- A safe and encouraging environment where we nurture self-esteem and creativity within each singer.
- A sense of inclusion in a growing choral community, seen when our four ChoralQuest schools combine to participate as one in a concert with the award-winning ensembles of the Cincinnati Youth Choir at UC’s College-Conservatory of Music.
Sandra Thornton is the Assistant Artistic Director of the Cincinnati Youth Choir. She also serves as the Artistic Director of ChoralQuest and Educational Director for CYC. Thornton conducts the Vivace and Allegro choirs and teaches Vocal Pedagogy during the annual CYC Children’s Choir Summer Festival.
Thornton also serves as the Director of Traditional Music at Epiphany United Methodist Church in Loveland, Ohio. Additionally, she is a professional singer with the Cincinnati Vocal Arts Ensemble, under the direction of Craig Hella Johnson. CLICK HERE to read full bio.
Fall Term: Saturday, December 15th, 2 pm at UC’s CCM – Corbett Auditorium
Spring Term: Sunday, May 5th, 5 pm at UC’s CCM – Corbett Auditorium
Call the UC Box Office for tickets- 513-556-4183
It is an honor to be a member of ChoralQuest. Each child (and their family) is expected to demonstrate commitment by; being punctual and consistently attending all rehearsals and performances. Every single child is important to the success of the program. Just as with any other team effort, the success of the choir is reliant on the attendance of all of its members. Therefore, the child and family should make participation a priority. All rehearsals and performances are mandatory for all singers.
Performances are mandatory for all singers. If a singer has a conflict with a performance date (see schedules above), notify the director as soon as possible.
If your school closes, ChoralQuest rehearsal is canceled. If schools are delayed, ChoralQuest rehearsals will run as normal.
The uniform for all concerts consists of the CYC ChoralQuest T-shirt (provided), black pants or floor-length black skirts for girls, black socks or hose, and black dress shoes.